LWGC COVID-19 SAFETY STATEMENT & WHAT TO EXPECT
To make sure that when we return we are all safe and to ensure LWGC follows new safety guidelines there will be some new processes, some of these are bulleted below:
Please watch the following video and read through all the important information below before you attend.
All adults entering our building should wear a face covering.
TIER THREE RE-OPENING ADDITIONAL SAFETY MEASURES.
All coaches will wear visors when coaching.
Parents & guardians must only enter foyer to collect an order (immediately after drop-off please) to use the toilet or to get a drink or snack and must adhere to social distancing at all times. Please sanitise when entering.
All adults entering the building must continue to wear a mask.
Parents and Guardians should wait in their cars if staying on site. With the exception of pre-school parents who must stay in the building.
Now that it's getting darker we request that all adults come into the foyer to collect.
Please enter the building, sanitise your hands & find a socially distanced chair. (Please don't gather near the doors.) We'll send your gymnast over to you.
If your child is unwell, or shows any symptoms of Covid-19, they should not attend LWGC and you should follow Government guidance on self isolating and testing procedures.
If your child has been advised to self-isolate we ask that you follow that guidance and that they don't attend LWGC.
NHS Track and Trace App - We have a QR code in the foyer of the gym next to the sanitising station where you can 'check in' to LWGC.
Exciting new apparatus will help us be socially distant while having fun!
• We have invested heavily in new apparatus so that each gymnast has their own area where they can continue to develop on all their favourite pieces. New bars, new beams, new air tracks to name but a few! These are carefully positioned around the gym to ensure social distancing.
Even more ways to keep you safe:
• Staggered start/finish times for all groups
• All adults entering the building must wear a face covering.
• Our viewing gallery is currently closed for parents and carers of children from Reception upwards. This is to restrict the number of people in the building in order to comply with GOV guidelines, however our new entrance will have viewing directly into the gym. We ask you to respect social distancing and limit viewing time to ensure it is fair for all.
• All parents & carers staying for a Gym Stars class must sit in their allocated area while spectating & santise on arrival - Please remember your face covering.
What to wear:
• All gymnasts will need to wear either their LWGC t-shirt with suitable bottoms such as leggings or shorts
an an LWGC Leotard (preferred) and optional with shorts or suitable bottoms we will also allow non-LWGC leotards but would like to move towards a uniform look for all gymnasts as we feel it prevents peer-pressure and helps to convey a community feel and team ethos which is so important in our sport.
• All gymnasts will need to attend with slip on and off shoes such as sliders or flip flops, these are easy to remove and ensure the seamless transition between the start & end of the classes. This footwear is also smaller in size so will fit into their LWGC drawstring bag, which the gymnasts will bring with them.
When you arrive:
• Gymnasts (with parents or carers) will wait in a socially distanced line which will be clearly marked, before gymnasts (only) meet their coach and enter the gym (this applies from Reception upwards).
• A one-way system is being implemented including the building of a brand-new entrance. This will be communicated via video in the weeks to come!
• Gymnasts will be asked to sanitise hands upon arrival, in between rotations and before leaving.
Inside the gym:
• New social distancing spots around the gym
• Posters to guide and advise our gymnasts
• Installation of new hand sanitiser stations around the gym
• Smaller number of gymnasts across the gym
• Full apparatus clean between sessions
• Full gym clean each day
• Staff training for reopening and coaching in a covid secure way is taking place over the summer
• We have appointed COVID-19 OFFICERS to ensure our risk assessments are carried out, mitigation plans are adhered to and to monitor the welfare of gymnasts and staff.
• New communication process of gymnasts' progress and what they have been working towards
• New and improved ventilation system installed.
If your child is unwell, or shows any symptoms of Covid-19, they should not attend LWGC and you should follow Government guidance on self isolating procedures. If your child has been advised to self-isolate we ask that you follow that guidance and that they don't attend LWGC.
All of our coaches at LWGC cannot wait to see our gymnasts back to the sport we all love! Thank you to everyone for your amazing support and commitment during these challenging times, we are so grateful to have such fantastic members.