LWGC COVID-19 SAFETY STATEMENT
To make sure that when we return we are all safe and to ensure LWGC follows new safety guidelines there will be some new processes, some of these are bulleted below:
Exciting new apparatus will help us be socially distant while having fun!
• We have invested heavily in new apparatus so that each gymnast has their own area where they can continue to develop on all their favourite pieces. New bars, new beams, new air tracks to name but a few! These are carefully positioned around the gym to ensure social distancing.
All current members will be gifted their own ‘Comeback pack’ which includes:
An LWGC drawstring bag
An LWGC water bottle
Water fountains may only be used to fill water bottles so bringing your own water bottle each week is essential. These bottles are non-spill/non-leak and are the only ones that will be permitted into the gym to ensure the apparatus and matting do not get damaged by any spillages
An LWGC Learning journal
An LWGC pen
As we are unable to offer makeup sessions at this time due to the restrictions over the Summer, we’d like to offer all our current members this ‘Comeback pack’ as a gift. In these challenging times, this will make a huge difference to us at LWGC as we begin to re-build our business. Please consider accepting this offer as a small gesture of our appreciation.
Even more ways to keep you safe:
• Staggered start/finish times for all groups
• Our viewing gallery is currently closed for parents and carers of children from Reception upwards. This is to restrict the number of people in the building in order to comply with GOV guidelines, however our new entrance will have viewing directly into the gym. We ask you to respect social distancing and limit viewing time to ensure it is fair for all.
What to wear:
• All gymnasts will need to wear either their LWGC t-shirt with suitable bottoms such as leggings or shorts
an an LWGC Leotard (preferred) and optional with shorts or suitable bottoms we will also allow non-LWGC leotards but would like to move towards a uniform look for all gymnasts as we feel it prevents peer-pressure and helps to convey a community feel and team ethos which is so important in our sport.
• All gymnasts will need to attend with slip on and off shoes such as sliders or flip flops, these are easy to remove and ensure the seamless transition between the start & end of the classes. This footwear is also smaller in size so will fit into their LWGC drawstring bag, which the gymnasts will bring with them.
When you arrive:
• Gymnasts (with parents) will wait in a socially distanced line which will be clearly marked, before gymnasts (only) meet their coach and enter the gym (this applies from Reception upwards).
• A one-way system is being implemented including the building of a brand-new entrance. This will be communicated via video in the weeks to come!
• Gymnasts will be asked to sanitise hands upon arrival, in between rotations and before leaving.
Inside the gym:
• New social distancing spots around the gym
• Posters to guide and advise our gymnasts
• Installation of new hand sanitiser stations around the gym
• Smaller number of gymnasts across the gym
• Full apparatus clean between sessions
• Full gym clean each day
• Staff training for reopening and coaching in a covid secure way is taking place over the summer
• We have appointed COVID-19 OFFICERS to ensure our risk assessments are carried out, mitigation plans are adhered to and to monitor the welfare of gymnasts and staff.
• New communication process of gymnasts' progress and what they have been working towards
• New and improved ventilation system installed.
We will be sending a video out to all members to clearly demonstrate how these new processes will be implemented.
All of our coaches at LWGC cannot wait to see our gymnasts back to the sport we all love! Thank you to everyone for your amazing support and commitment during these challenging times, we are so grateful to have such fantastic members.